nothing in this blog is true. . .but it's exactly how things are

which basically means that names, dates, locations, conditions, and everything else that might possibly lead to the discovery of someone's identity have been changed to protect the innocent, guilty, and terminally stupid.

Friday, May 2, 2008

it is just sooo difficult to be heard over the voices in a schizophrenic's head

This is weekend is the last for my new hobby, ie tempting fate by sliding down steep mountains on my face, er um snowboard.

I started running again. Not away from anything, just running because I love doing it and it's good for me blah blah. I managed a mile run and a mile walked without my lungs hurting last week- that's the first time since I had pneumonia last october; it took me a half hour, and I used to run 4 miles in 30 minutes, but hey, baby steps. I also started lifting my little 5 lb weights to try to strengthen my upper body since PT wasn't doing much for my bad shoulder. I was pretty proud of myself, finally getting some muscle tone back in my arms, and when I told Rock Star, who has been body building for a decade, he said, "oh, so that means you'll be a little more of a challenge when we wrestle?"

Dude. They're five pound weights.

2 comments:

RevMedic said...

"Fun Run" just HAS to be the mother of all oxymorons.
Our new place is only about a 1/4 mile from the pool/fitness center, so I'll prolly spend some time there, and re-drop some poundage. Your shoulder still bothering you? I saw them at Freddies a couple of weeks ago - he doesn't remember a thing, but she does...

kmsw said...

shoulder always will, apparently. but i think the tendon has repaired itself, and i've worked hard to build up the muscles around it.

i'd rather not remember a thing about that night, either. . . haha