nothing in this blog is true. . .but it's exactly how things are

which basically means that names, dates, locations, conditions, and everything else that might possibly lead to the discovery of someone's identity have been changed to protect the innocent, guilty, and terminally stupid.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

glory hallelujah

Soooooo. Driving from the bank this morning, where I had just deposited a significant sum of money I begged from my parents for February rent, when the cell phone rings. Diva daughter in the backseat is singing along at the top of her lungs to Nelly Furtado. (So was I, but I had to stop singing to answer the phone. . .) It's the head RN from Meth Central Hospital. He informs me the job offer is now official. I cannot contain the "Thank God" that slips out. I think maybe he doesn't hear it over Miss Diva's off-key vocals until I hear him chuckling.

Whoops.

He says sorry for not giving me more notice, but he has to have me in there tomorrow a.m. to fill out paperwork, pee in a cup, etc. so that I can start on Tuesday.

TUESDAY!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating this fabulous news by cleaning out part of the garage. Still can't get my car in there, but I think my bike might just fit.

2 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Excellent news! Hope your first day goes smoothly!!